Patatas bravas (TM)
- 900 g potatoes, cubed
- 1 large onion, cut into quarters
- Garlic, to taste
- 50g olive oil, plus extra for frying the potatoes
- 1 MC white wine
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 2-3 guindilla peppers
- Put the onion and garlic in the bowl, and chop 7 seconds / Speed 7.
- Add the oil MC off, 10 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 2½.
- Add the wine, MC on, 4 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 3.
- Add the tomatoes and salt, 10 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 2.
- Incorporate the guindillas and blend 40 seconds / Speed 1-9 progressively, for a smooth sauce. Use a lower speed for less time if you prefer it to have some texture.
- In the meantime, fry the potatoes in olive oil, empty them into a dish and pour over the sauce.
- Translated and adapted from a recipe by Teregomez on the Thermomix Spain website.