Oxford Blue cream with nuts
- ½ leek, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 dessertspoon sesame seeds
- 220 ml evaporated milk
- Black pepper
- 125 g Oxford Blue cheese, chopped or crumbled
- 7-8 walnuts, chopped
- 1 small onion, fried
- A little milk (only if you wish to lighten the texture of the cream)
- Poach the leek in a pan, with a little olive oil over a medium heat.
- When the leeks begin to soften and add the sesame seeds. (If the seeds are already toasted, you can add them at the end with the nuts.)
- Pour in the evaporated milk when the leek is well cooked, season, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to medium-low
- Stir from time to time and remove from heat once the mixture has thicknened slightly.
- Place the mixture into a large bowl or blender glass, add the cheese and mix well so that the melts in the heat.
- Add the nuts and blend until the mixture is of a fine, creamy consistency.
- Taste, and adjust the seasoning if necessary and a little milk to make it lighter if desired.