This recipe is from an undated book, 'Modern practical cookery'. It looks to be circa 1900 and is very similar in content to Mrs Beeton's Cookbook. I just had to add this recipe, though I don't think I'll be trying it out.
- Soak the brain, in cold water for an hour and remove the membrane
- Stew the brain, in enough water to cover it, for 10 minutes, then strain it
- When cold, slice it thinly and dip into flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- Brush the slices with egg and coat with breadcrumbs
- Fry them for three minutes in smoking hot fat and drain on paper
Serve fritters on lace papers.