NYC creamy coleslaw
I've made this using half quantities, with great success.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup soured cream
- ½ cup mild whole grain French mustard
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 white cabbage ( about 900g - 2 lb)
- 3 big carrots
- 2 cooking apples
- Whisk the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice and sugar
- Clean, trim and core the cabbage
- Using a food processor with a slicing blade; chop the cabbage
- Wash, peel and trim the carrots and quarter lengthwise then chop with the processor
- Wash, peel, core and grate the apples.
- Mix everything together in a non-metallic bowl and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavours to mingle
I added a thinly sliced red onion and used two lemons instead of the lime.
If you make the recipe using the quantities above, you will need a bucket to mix them in and a big fridge to store it in afterwards - great for barbecue quantities though.