Morcilla casera de Extremadura (Home-made morcilla from Extremadura)
- 3 leaves of swiss chard
- 200 grams hard pork fat
- 1 sprig of mint
- 2 onions
- 2 red peppers
- 5 bulbs garlic
- Pig’s blood
- Smoked paprika (hot or sweet)
- Sausage casings
- Finely chop and mix together the first 7 ingredients.
- Add the salt and paprika and then the blood and oil, until it is the right consistency to stuff the casings .
- Stuff according to the instructions of your machine.
- Simmer gently in water until cooked, being careful that the casings do not split. Alternatively you can fry them in oil.
I would recommend that you practice making normal sausages first, just to get the feel for the correct consistency.