Mango and pear chutney (TM)
Chutneys are typical sauces from India and they are amongst the most well known in the world. This is a translation of a recipe in Salsas y Aliños con Thermomix (Susaeta Ediciones).
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- 160g onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 100g Blanquilla pears (I have never seen these but if you go here and click on 'Blanquilla', it will give you some idea of what they look like)
- 100g carrots
- 380g mango
- 200g raspberry vinegar
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 100g white sugar
- A pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 1 heaped teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- Peel the mangos, remove the stone and reserve the flesh.
- Peel the pears and remove the core.
- In the bowl, place the oil, peeled and chopped onions, the peeled garlic and the washed carrots, cut into chunks.
- Run for 5 seconds / Speed 4.
- Using the spatula, push the ingredients on the inside of the jug down to the bottom and set 10 minutes / Temp, Varoma / Reverse blade / Speed spoon.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix 10 seconds / Speed 3.
- Re-set 30 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Reverse blades / Speed spoon.
- Once finished, transfer to a glass jar.
- Leave to cool and keep in the fridge.
They are usually served as an accompaniment and they are made with a base of fruit or vegetables. These spicy sauces with a sweet and sour taste are eaten with meat, poultry and paté. They improve if left for a day.