Lemon, garden peas and Capricorn goats' cheese risotto
- 1 x100g Capricorn® goats cheese
- 150g risotto rice
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 75ml white wine
- 25ml double cream
- ½ small onion, diced
- ½ leek, diced
- 100g cooked garden peas
- ½ fresh lemon, juiced and zested
- 40g butter
- sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter over a low heat in a thick bottom pan.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent and soft.
- Add the rice and cook for a few minutes, again until translucent.
- Pour in the wine and reduce the liquid by half, then add the stock a little at a time.
- Crumble in the Capricorn® goats cheese and pour in the cream, stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 40 mins, then stir in the peas and lemon juice and zest.
- Check the rice is cooked and the sauce is loose and creamy.
Place into two bowls and serve.