Another recipe for you to to try out your Balazu rose harissa paste.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus some for frying
- 6 allspice berries, crushed or about 1/3 of a teaspoon of allspice powder.
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of Belazu Rose Harissa
- 500g minced lamb
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 a cup of cornmeal*
- flour for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4)
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil until very soft.
- Add the spices and the Belazu Rose Harissa and cook for 1 minute. Cool.
- Mix with the lamb and the egg and lots of seasoning.
- Add the cornmeal and mix well
- Shape into about 27 balls and roll in a little flour. Heat the oil in a frying pan and quickly brown the meatballs in batches.
- Transfer to a baking tray and finish cooking in the oven for about 10 minutes.
(Marie Claire Food)
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com