Lamb hot pot
- 2 Carrots finely diced
- 2 Celery Sticks finely diced
- 2 Onions finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary
- 75g Butter
- 4 Large Chump Chops
- 150ml white wine
- 650ml Good Lamb or beef stock
- 8 Rooster Potatoes thinly sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4.
- Lightly cook the vegetables, garlic and rosemary in 50g of butter, remove from pan and keep to one side.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan and brown the chops on each side, remove from pan.
- Add the wine, boil and reduce until almost dry add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Place the chops into a shallow braising dish, cover with the vegetables and season with salt & pepper.
- Lay the sliced potatoes overlapping onto the chops, pour over the hot stock, place into oven and cook for 1 hour basting the potatoes every 15 minutes.
(Recipe by Andrew Fairlie)
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Albert Bartlett