Lamb Cutlets with Tapenade
Such an easy, yet impressive looking recipe, it has to be another cookery cheat.
Get your butcher to do the French trimming.
- 8 lamb cutlets, French trimmed
- Splash of olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 90g jar Belazu green tapenade
- 100g pack of ready-shelled pistachio nuts
- Redcurrants, or redcurrant jelly to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Grind the pistachio nuts to a rough powder in a food processor with a metal blade. Pour the ground nuts into a shallow plate.
- Place lamb cutlets in a large bowl, drizzle over oil and add some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add tapenade and mix well with your hands. Roll the cutlets in the ground pistachio nuts to coat well. Transfer to a roasting tray.
- Put in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes, then turn cutlets over and cook for a further 10 minutes (the timing depends on thickness of cutlets and how well you like them cooked-cook for less or longer accordingly).
- Arrange on a serving plate and garnish with redcurrants, if you wish.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com