Jerk grilled salmon
- 2 tablespoons of peeled, grated ginger
- 2 Scotch bonnet or habanero peppers, de-seeded if you desire
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground grains of paradise, or more extra black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- Purée all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Leave the motor running and slowly drizzle in the oil.
- Add the mixture and the salmon to a sealed contained, mix well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the steaks ,skin side down to a pre-heated barbecue or oven grill, lightly the grate helps to reduce sticking.
- Cook for about 4 minutes a side, check that it's done to your liking, remove from the heat source, cover and rest for 7 minutes.