Gravadlax and rice salad parcels
These Gravadlax and rice salad parcels parcels make a delicious starter, meze, or even a light main meal. If you could make a better job of the presentation, they would be good for a dinner party too.Try making the gravadlax yourself - it's quite easy!
- 175g (6 oz) basmati rice
- 8 slices of Gravadlax - about 350 g (12 oz) - It doesn't matter too much if the pieces are quite small as the cling-film will keep them in order!
- 10 cm (4") of cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons Soured cream
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 225g (8 oz) Goats' cheese, cubed
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the rice very well under cold running water
- Add to a large pan of boiling water, return to the boil and cook for 12 to 15 minutes
- Drain well and allow to cool
- Line four ramekins with cling-film
- Use two pieces of Gravadlax to line the ramekins, reserving any trimming to use as 'lids'
- Add the goats' cheese, lime juice, parsley, rice, cucumber, soured cream and tomatoes to a bowl and mix well. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spoon the mixture into the gravadlax-lined ramekins.
- Fold the gravadlax and any trimmings over the mixture so it is completely covered
- Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes