- 150 g puy lentils
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic, peeled and crushed or to taste
- 1 tablespoon home made lazy ginger, finely chopped or grated or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder, chilli sauce or harissa paste
- Add the lentils and rosemary sprig to a medium sized pan
- Cover with cold water
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining teaspoons of olive oil and sauté the ginger, garlic for 4 minutes.
- Add the spring onions and chilli (if using whole chillies) and sizzle for a few more minutes more.
- Stir in the lentils and chilli sauce (if using) and serve.
Use any variety of lentils, some may take longer to cook than others.
Obviously fresh ginger would work just as well.