- 500g (1/2 lb) of boneless chicken (breast, thighs etc)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 40 g breadcrumbs
- Place the chicken pieces in a food processor with a metal blade and pulse until you have a rough mince. Don't over-do it or you'll end up with baby-food.
- Add the remaining ingredients and give it a quick pulse.
- Tip out onto a cutting board and make the final mix with your hands.
- Shape into 8 burgers.
- Place on an oiled barbecue grill, hotplate, griddle, or even a frying pan.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, turning every two minutes.
- Check they are properly cooked.
- Rest for 4 minutes.
Serve with satay sauce.
Freeze the uncooked burgers, separated with greaseproof paper for easy thawing.
With in the proportions above, you should not need a beaten egg to hold the burgers together, however, if you increase the quantity of breadcrumbs over 40g , then add a beaten egg at step one.