Gambas y chorizo
- 350 g raw king prawns, scampi, large shrimp etc.
- 7.5 cm (3”) Chorizo, cut in half and then sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- A little olive oil
- Zest and juice of ½ a lime
- Handful of parsley, chopped finely
- Devein the prawns, cutting fairly deeply along the back so they butterfly a little as they cook.
- Add a dash of olive oil to a large heavy based and fry off the chorizo until they release their colourful oil.
- Add the prawns and cook them until they turn pink.
- Add the lime zest and juice.
- Tip in the brandy and shimmy the pan so the brandy catches and the alcohol burns off sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.