French bread rolls
- ½ teaspoon dried active yeast.
- 250g (9 oz) strong white flour.
- 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 1 tablespoon milk powder.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- 160 ml water - or by weight instead of volume, 160 g water
- Yellow cornmeal for dusting.
- Preheat the oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7)
- Add the ingredients to your bread maker on the French dough setting (or the longest dough setting available). It's nearly 4 hours on our Panasonic SD 253.
- Divide into 6 and shape into rolls.
- Place on a baking tray that has been well dusted , well spaced so they don't join together when proving.
- Leave of an hour or so in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and place on a rack to cool.