Curried eliche salad
Small pasta shapes with spring onions and radishes, cheese, curry and mustard mayonnaise.
For the salad:
For the mayonnaise:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves or other herbs
- 60 g strong Cheddar, grated
- 375 ml mayonnaise
- 30 ml milk
- Boil the pasta in a large saucepan of salted water until it is al dente.
- Drain immediately and rinse under cold water. Drain thoroughly.
- When cool, place in a bowl and mix with the spring onions and radishes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small frying pan and cook the Madras curry powder for 10-20 seconds.
- Allow to cool and mix with the remaining mayonnaise ingredients.
- Add to the pasta and mix thoroughly.