Crispy potato pancakes
- 6 Rooster potatoes washed
- 1 Onion peeled
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons plain flour
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- 8 Slices smoked salmon
- 4 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 Bunch chives chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Coarsely grate the potatoes and leave for 30 mins.
- Then drain, rinse under cold water and gently press between your hands to dry.
- Add the finely sliced onion, eggs, flour and baking powder.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Put a generous amount of oil in a frying pan and heat until smoking hot.
- Spoon in the potato batter to form little patties about 5cm wide and flip over to colour on each side.
- When brown and crisp drain a little on paper towel.
(Recipe by Michel Roux Jr)
- Traditional English pancakes
- Breton buckwheat pancake recipe
- Crêpe recipe
- Potato pancakes
- Crispy duck pancake recipe
- Crispy potato pancakes
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Albert Bartlett