Crispy Capricorn potato fritters with bacon
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 25g (1oz) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 750g floury potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 x 100g Capricorn Somerset Goats cheese, finely diced
- olive oil to fry
- Mix the eggs and flour together in a bowl to form a thick batter. Stir in the chives and plenty of seasoning.
- Squeeze the excess liquid out of the grated potatoes and onion then spread them out on a clean tea-towel and pat dry.
- Stir into the batter, mixing well, then add the Capricorn Somerset Goats cheese.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and add 6 tablespoons of batter, pressing down each one to flatten it out. Cook for 2 ½-3 mins each side until golden.
- Keep warm while you cook the remaining batter, adding extra oil as needed.