Cream of celeriac soup
I think the world's ugliest vegetable makes some of the nicest soup. Easy to make and it also freezes well.
- 25 g (1 oz) butter
- 125 g (4.5 oz) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 fat garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 400 g (14 oz) celeriac, peeled and chopped
- 570 ml (1 pint) vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 275 ml (1/2 pint
- Melt the butter in a large pan and give it a good grind of black pepper
- Sauté the potatoes, garlic, celeriac very gently for 8 minutes
- Add the lemon juice, then the stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the vegetables are cooked - about 25 to 35 minutes
- Allow to cool a little then add to a food processor together with the milk and puree
- Season to taste with sea salt
Serve hot or chilled.