Crayfish, avocado and grapefruit salad
A lovely light, zesty, flavoursome alternative to a more traditional prawn cocktail. Crayfish have a little more substance and bite than prawns. This makes a very nice light meal.
- 200g to 300g of cooked and peeled crayfish
- 1 ruby grapefruit, cut into segments
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced thinly
- 40g wild rocket
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of light olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 or 2 Pitta breads per person
- Mix crayfish and grapefruit together
- Mix together cayenne, oil and lime juice
- Arrange the sliced avocado and a couple of handfuls of rocket on each plate.
- Top with the crayfish mix and drizzle with the lime juice vinaigrette.
Serve with Moro crispbread
- Similar ceviche-style recipes