Chorizo sausage recipe
When making this recipe I use the chorizo sausages immediately (as they are so good). I have not tried drying or preserving them in any way, though I guess it would be possible with this recipe. For this reason, I don't bother to get the casings, I just make the sausages like patties or burgers.
Use these in any recipe that calls for chorizo sausages
- 1.5 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 large dried poblano chili, stalk removed
- 4 fresh habanero chillies, stlaks removed or 3 teaspoons hot chili powder
- 675 g (1.5 lb) lean pork (pork fillet is good here) , chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder or smoked paprika powder if you can find it
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Add the spices, chillies and the vinegar to a small blender attachment and grind to a paste. A mortar and pestle will do the job, just takes a bit more work!
- Add the pork and the spice paste to a food processor and pulse blend until you have a coarse mix. Don't overdo this or you will end up with pate which is not what you need
- Roll into sausage shapes or flat patties
- Pre-heat the oven to 190° C (375° F - gas 5)
- Cook for 20 minutes on a lightly oiled oven tray
- Verify the meat is cooked properly as it is pork remember
Serve hot or cold
Adjust the amount of chili to your personal taste. I like mine quite hot.