- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 50 g dark chocolate (Green & Blacks Organic Chocolate is great in this recipe)
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup double cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat the butter and chocolate in a bain marie
- Mix the sugar and cocoa together separately
- Add the double cream to the sugar and cocoa, stirring thoroughly.
- Add this paste to the heated chocolate and simmer this mixture for 6 minutes
- Whisk in the vanilla extract
- Best served sightly warm
Sprinkle with a few finely chopped fresh mint leaves for a nice change.