Chilli and lime popcorn
A typical Mexican snack.
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 225 g popping corn
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder, as mild or as hot as you like
- 2 limes, squeezed
- Heat the oil until its is hot.
- Add a couple of kernels and cover immediately with a lid.
- Once the corn pops, you know that the oil is at the correct temperature.
- Add the rest of the corn, cover immediately again and shake the pan from time to time to ensure even cooking.
- When the popping has ceased, remove from heat and keeping it covered, allow to cool a little.
- Remove any unpopped corn and discard.
- Add the chilli powder and shake the pan until the corn is coated in it.
- Pour into a bowl and squeeze over the lime juice just before serving.