Chilli and garlic dip
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 fresh, red chilli, chopped (leave the seeds in)
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1½ teaspoon bird's eye chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 6 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over a medium heat and fry the garlic until it is soft.
- Stir in the chilli and red pepper and sauté for about a minute.
- Add the chilli paste and the tomato purée and cook for 5 minutes gently stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and process until it is smooth.
- Pour into an airtight container and mix in the mayonnaise.
- It will keep in the fridge for a few days.