Chicken livers, grilled Chinese style
Chinese slant on grilled chicken livers. This recipe is fantastic. Moist and tasty chicken livers, easy to make and about the cheapest meat you could buy.
- 450 g (1lb) chicken livers, trimmed, roughly chopped, washed and allowed to dry
- 2 tablespoons (45 ml) light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (45 ml) dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) minced ginger root
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) dry sherry
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Good pinch of fine sea salt
- Parboil the chicken livers for 3 minutes then drain well in sieve
- Add the remaining ingredients to a Lock & Lock-style box, mix well, add the chicken livers, replace the lid and shake like crazy!
- Leave to marinade in the refrigerator for 3 hours or more.
- Drain the marinade and discard
- Spray or lightly oil a hot griddle pan and spread the chicken livers evenly over the hot surface.
- Griddle for 8 minutes, turning once