Chicken and ham pie
A creamy, heartwarming meal that is made really easy by using pre-rolled puff pastry.
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) chicken breasts, skin removed
- 100g cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 large leek, washed and sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup single cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 204° C (400° F - Gas 6)
- Melt the butter in a small pan and use a little of it to grease a pie dish.
- Cube the chicken into 1.5 cm (1/2") cubes and cut the ham into similar sized strips
- Season the flour with salt, pepper and nutmeg and roll the chicken in the seasoned flour so that it's well coated.
- Arrange the leeks and onions in the base of the pie dish.
- Cover with the chicken and ham pieces.
- Pour the remaining butter over the chicken pieces.
- Mix the stock and cream together and pour over the chicken.
- Roll out the pastry and cover the pie dish. Cut a few slashes in the crust to let air out while it's cooking
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.