Champiñones al Ajillo (Mushrooms in Garlic Sauce)
- 1 kg small mushrooms
- 100 ml olive oil
- 6 cloves finely chopped garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1½ tablespoons finely chopped parlsey
- Brush and wipe the mushrooms.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the garlic until it is golden.
- Add the mushrooms, salt and lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- At the last minute, mix in the parsley and serve.
Can be served as a first course, an accompaniment or on its own with some crusty bread.
You can use large mushrooms if you wish, but they will have to be sliced.