Cauliflower dry fry
This typical Indian accompaniment is simple and quick to make and goes well with most spicy recipes.
- 1 tablespoon of ghee or oil
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ fresh green chili, de-seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Heat ghee in a wok or large pan
- When hot, add cumin seeds and fry for a minute or two
- Add the cauliflower florets and fry for a few minutes
- Add remaining spices and a 2 tablespoons of water so there is enough moisture to help it cook and prevent it sticking
- Cover and cook on a low heat until it is cooked to your liking
Replace cauliflower with a head of broccoli.
Add some sliced red or green peppers when you add the cauliflower.