Capricorn mash with herby chicken breasts
Many thanks to those nice people at The Lubborn Creamery who gave us permission to reproduce this recipe.
- 6 tablespoons freshly chopped mixed herbs (e.g. chives, parsley, tarragon)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 stalks cherry tomatoes on the vine
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- 1kg floury potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 200ml milk
- 2 x 100g Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Spread the herbs out on a plate, then drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over the chicken breasts and season lightly. Roll in the herbs to coat completely then place on a baking tray.
- Add the tomatoes on the vine, drizzle the remaining oil over the tomatoes and sprinkle with the caster sugar.
- Roast the chicken and tomatoes for 15-20 mins or until the juices of the chicken run clear when pierced. Rest the chicken for 5 mins before slicing.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted water until tender. Drain into a colander.
- Place the pan back on the heat and add the milk and Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese, stirring until most of the cheese has melted.
- Mash the potatoes into the molten cheese, adding seasoning to taste.