Capricorn, pea and mint tortilla
This excellent snack recipe comes courtesy of The Lubborn Creamery
- 600g potatoes, diced
- 200g peas, fresh or frozen
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 1 x 100g Capricorn Somerset Goats cheese, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- Boil the diced potatoes in salted water for 7-8 mins until tender, adding the peas for the last 2 mins.
- Drain and mix with the eggs, mint, seasoning and Capricorn Somerset Goats cheese.
- Heat the oil in a 20cm base non-stick frying pan. Add the spring onions and sauté for 2 mins.
- Pour in the egg mixture, mixing it into the spring onions. Cook over a low heat for 20-25 mins, until the egg is almost set.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to a medium setting. Place the pan under grill (protecting the handle if its not heatproof) and cook for 3-4 mins until set and golden on top.
- Tortillas: - Encyclopeadic page describing all variants of tortillas
- South American tortilla recipes - :
- Corn tortilla recipe - make them from scratch with masa harina
- Corn tortillas - a Thermomix recipe
- Wheat flour tortilla recipe
- Gorditas - Thick Mexican tortillas
- Quick tortillas - a recipe idea for using left over tortillas
- Burrito (or taco de harina) explained
- Enchiladas - a recipe and an expanation
- Homemade tortilla chips - Make superb tortilla chips from soft corn tortillas - better than anything you could buy!
- Cheese nachos - A cheese nacho recipe
- Frito pie - If you like Tex-Mex, you'll love this
- Easy frito pie - Make Frito pie-on the hoof!
- Sincronizada recipe - A Mexican speciality that can alos be found all over South America
- Quesadillas - A selection of quesadilla recipes
- Dobladas - Stuffed tortillas from Guatemala
- Enfrijoladas recipe - tortillas stuffed with re-fried beans and spices
- Chilaquiles - a fabulous recipe from two Mexican visitors
- Tostadas de guacamole y crema - A famous Diana Kennedy recipe
- Cheese pupusas - a stuffed tortilla from El Salvador
- Pupusa de Chicharron - similar to pupusas, again from El Salvador
- Spicy lamb tortillas - A recipe idea taken from crispy duck pancakes
- Duck fajitas - and a similar version, with crispy duck
- Spanish tortilla recipes:
- Capricorn, pea and mint tortilla - A Spanish-style tortilla with goats' cheese
- Potato and goats' cheese tortilla - Another Spanish-type with goats' cheese
- Tortilla Española - A Spanish tortilla
- Tortilla capuchina - another Spanish tortilla
- Tortilla 'batatas harras' - A spicy Spanish tortilla
- Squash, halloumi and chilli omelette - Spicy, with squash & Greek cheese
- Omelettes - Many omelette recipes
- Misc. tortilla recipes:
- Tortilla press - The device and also a great tip for making them without a press!