Butternut Squash Soup with Rose Harissa
- 2 tablespoons Belazu Argan Oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 300g squash, cut into 2.5cm (1in) dice
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 300ml boiling water
- Single or double cream
- Rose Harissa paste (to taste)
- Heat the argan oil in a saucepan, add the sliced red onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the squash, fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water, and add to the pan.
- Raise the heat, and when the soup begins to boil, lower the heat to a rapid simmer. Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Place the hot soup carefully into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Stir a swirl (approx ¼ level teaspoons but depends on how spicy you like your soup!) of Rose Harissa onto each serving along with a swirl of cream and serve.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com