- 550 g sirloin or fillet steak, cut horizontally into 5 mm slices, then into rectangles measuring about 2.5 x 5 mm.
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Celery leaves
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- Place the meat in a dish.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients, except the peanut oil, and pour over the meat.
- Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Brush a ridged frying pan or barbeque griddle with the peanut oil.
- If using the former, heat and fry the beef for a minute on each side.
- If cooking on a barbeque, the cooking time will depend on the heat of it, so you will need to watch the beef carefully to enure it does not overcook.
- Serve immediately.