Brown shrimp, peas and pasta
- 2 portions of Home made pasta or fresh pasta, rolled flat and cut into rough rustic strips
- 300g dried tagliatelle
- 300g small brown shrimp
- 500 g frozen peas
- 4 gloves of Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of butter or a mixture of butter and olive oil for the more health conscious.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt half of the butter in a pan, add the garlic and gently sauté until soft, don't allow it to burn or colour.
- Add the shrimps, half of the lemon juice and season with salt, pepper. Stir well to mix and then remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile cook the peas until tender, either by microwaving or boiling - about 4 minutes
- Cook the tagliatelle in salted boiling water until al dente
- Drain the pasta and add to the shrimps, Stir in the remaining lemon juice, butter and peas. Mix well, season and serve.