Brouklou bil dersa (Cauliflower in dersa sauce)
This article is in need of a suitable photograph. If you can provide one, please login and click '300px' to upload.
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Garlic to taste, chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon or more harissa
- 4 tablespoons long grain rice, washed under cold running water
- 2 teaspoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the caulflower and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper, paprika and harissa and fry for a minute or two, stirring constantly.
- Add 300 ml water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice, coriander and caulflower, stir gently and simmer, uncovered, until the rice and caulflower are cooked, stirring occasionally.