Broccoli and cauliflower cheese
One of my favourite vegetable dishes that goes well with almost anything. Whist you could add extra cheese and grill to finish, as a vegetable accompaniment, I don't think it needs that. If you were having this alone, then maybe!
- ½ pint of cheese sauce
- 300 g (11 oz) broccoli and cauliflower, trimmed and cut to florets. Most supermarkets sell these ready prepared, lazy and handy!
- Nutmeg (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut an x in the base of any thick stalks so they cook evenly
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower to a large pan of boiling, lightly salted water and simmer hard for about 10 minutes, depending how you prefer your vegetables cooked
- Meanwhile make the cheese sauce as shown here
- Drain the broccoli and cauliflower and pour the cheese sauce over the vegetables, mixing well
Serve hot, sprinkled with grated nutmeg if liked