Brie le Président cheese
Brie le Président is a soft, unpressed, and naturally drained, pasteurised, cows' milk cheese from Lorraine with a white rind mould, and is moulded into a large flat disc. It can be of two types: either lactic or stabilised. Lactic Brie (or "Ripening" Brie as it is often called) has a firm lactic core that gets smaller as the cheese ages throughout its life, so the brie becomes creamier and runnier while the flavour intensifies and is best enjoyed near the end of its shelf life. Stabilised Brie has a uniform creamy consistency throughout (no core) and typically has a mild and creamy flavour that can be enjoyed at any time.
- Round: 3kg or 1kg wheel
- Wedge: 200g
- Light Brie Wedge: 200g. Only 18% fat with a great flavour and texture.
- Petit Brie: 500g or 350g wheel
- Brie Portions: 8 x 60g
- Lingot Brie: 1.2kg block. Its rectangular shape makes it perfect for slicing for use in sandwiches, paninis and baguettes, enabling consistent portion control and reducing wastage.
Deliciously creamy Ivory coating, thin rind and consistent smooth texture with a fuller flavour than standard Président Brie.
- Brie Round: 2.4kg or 3kg wheel
- Brie de Caractère Round : 2.6kg wheel
- Brie de Caractère Wedge: 200g wedge
For years, Lanquetot has built up close relationships with small producers with a common and unique objective: to offer the best quality products.
Lanquetot Brie: 3kg or 1kg wheel.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please do talk to us via the Contact the Editor link at the top of this page and we will update the information on your cheese.