Bombay Rooster potatoes
This dish is simple yet spicy! Demonstrating how good health and great taste can go hand in hand. You can see a list of stockists of Albert Bartlett Rooster potatoes on their website. You can also buy their seed potatoes, should you wish to grow your own.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 pinches of chilli powder
- ½ teaspoons turmeric powder
- 350g/12oz Rooster potatoes, boiled and quartered
- In a large, non-stick pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seed, chilli powder and turmeric powder and fry for 1 minute stirring continuously.
- Now add the boiled and quartered Rooster potatoes and fry for about 4 minutes ensuring they get covered on the spice and seed mixture.
- The potatoes will turn a yellow colour.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover the pan and cook the potatoes for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Albert Bartlett