Beef, Balsamic Onion and Grilled Artichoke Salad
This article is in need of a suitable photograph. If you can provide one, please login and click '300px' to upload.
Cook the steaks and make the marinade the day before.
- 3 x 450g rump steaks and olive oil to fry them in
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 x 170g jars of Belazu Balsamic Onions (drained with vinegar reserved)
- 2 x 290g chargrilled artichokes in olive oil (drained and oil reserved)
- 3 x 85g packs of watercress
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rub the steaks with olive oil. Fry the steaks in batches for 7-8 minutes, turning after 3-4 minutes, for medium rare.
- Leave the steaks to cool completely, then trim away any fat and cut into finger-sized pieces.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, lightly whisk the mustard with 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar from the onions, add 6 tablespoons of oil from the artichokes. Stir in any juices from the beef and season to taste.
- Arrange the watercress, onions and artichokes on a salad plate, tuck in the strips of beef and spoon over the dressing. Serve.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com