- 60ml olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- Garlic to taste, finely diced
- ½ head of celery, finely diced
- 400g arborio rice
- 250ml dry white wine
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 80g butter
- 130g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and slowly fry the onions, garlic and celery until soft.
- Increase the heat add the rice and fry, stirring constantly for about a minute until it looks slightly translucent.
- Add the wine, and still stirring, cook until it has been absorbed by the rice.
- Next, add a pinch of salt and add a ladle of the hot stock.
- Reduce the heat so that the liquid simmers quite vigorously, but does not boil.
- As the rice absorbs the stock, keep adding more, a ladleful at a time, constantly stirring the rice gently.
- When all the stock has been used and absorbed, the rice should be soft, but still be slightly al dente.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and the Parmesan and check seasoning.
- Cover and leave to rest before serving.
This is just a basic recipe. You can add other ingredients of your choice to personalise it to you taste.