Basa and prawn tagiliatelle (simple version)
This is another of my variations on a recipe I saw on Channel 4's The Big Breakfast about 15 years ago.
It's the simplest recipe I know!
There is a slightly more complex version here, though it's hardly a challenging recipe.
- 1 portion of fresh tagliatelle (about 250g) or 100g of dried taglitelle
- 1 tin lobster bisque soup
- 2 basa fillets, about 250g (9 oz), in total
- 100 g (3.5 oz) or more, fresh peeled prawns
- Cut the basa into bite-sized pieces. Basa does not usually have bones or skin, but remove them if it does.
- In a large pan, bring the soup almost to the boil and then immediately reduce to a simmer
- Place the basa chunks in the soup and simmer for 6 minutes
- Cook the pasta as directed, drain and cover
- Add the prawns and stir for a minute or so
- Pour the pasta into the soup, mix well
- Arrange on a serving dish
Serve hot, maybe with a salad if you need to stretch it to four people. There is enough here for two gluttons though!
Smoked basa works well in this dish also.