Artichokes, Olive and Roasted Pepper Trofie
This article is in need of a suitable photograph. If you can provide one, please login and click '300px' to upload.
- 315g trofie or other dried short pasta - (Gallery of pasta types)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 x 250g pack halloumi, cut into 1cm dice
- A large handful of pitted green olives, halved
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced (more or less to taste)
- 1 x 280g jar artichokes hearts in olive oil, drained and halved but reserving the oil
- 1 x 280g jar Italian mixed pepper antipasto, drained
- 1 preserved lemon, diced and the pips discarded
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, then drain, reserving 120 ml of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil or avocado oil in a wide deep frying pan, add the halloumi and fry over a moderate heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the olives and chilli and fry until they sizzle, then add the artichokes and peppers and warm through.
- Add the still-hot pasta to the pan with the reserved cooking water and the preserved lemon.
- Toss together, season to taste and divide among 4 warmed bowls. Drizzle on some of the reserved artichokes