This recipe was recently added by Graciela Narro, one of our Argentinian visitors. I have converted it to our standard format and after cooking it , clarified some of the quantities and slightly adjusted the cooking times.
This is a fabulous recipe and so easy to make!
- 6 pieces of chicken
- A bunch of leaves of parsley
- Garlic to taste, peeled. I used 6 fat cloves of garlic
- Half a medium size onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 heaped teaspoon of paprika powder
- 1 large red sweet pepper, deseeded
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar.
- 2 heaped teaspoons of chicken stock powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Put the chicken in an oven tray
- Put the rest of the ingredients in the blender and blend for 2 minutes
- Try to check taste
- Pour it over chicken
- Cover with a lid or tin-foil
- Put it in the top of the oven for 45 minutes
- Check the chicken is properly cooked
This recipe is a good candidate for jointing a small chicken - I prefer to also remove the skin in a dish like this, but that's a personal preference.
I added a little extra water after blending as the mix looked rather dry, however this was probably not necessary as the cooked chicken had more than enough sauce.