Adobo sauce recipe
Apparently adobo sauce is one of the first dish that Filipinos learn to cook.
You could also use pork spare ribs for this dish.
- Selection of chicken legs and thighs, with bones and skin, for four people
- 8 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 whole bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns, partially crushed in a mortal and pestle
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Sear the chicken in a hot pan for about 4 minutes, browning the legs and thighs. Leave them in the pan
- Turn down the heat and add some oil, add the onions and garlic and soften the onions. When they are translucent, add the vinegar
- Let the vinegar almost boil away before you stir the pan
- Once the vinegar has reduced, add in the soy sauce, bay leaf and pepper.
- Cook until the sauce has reduced more and the chicken is properly cooked. Real adobo should be on the dry side
Serve with plain boiled rice